First Night of Adulting = FAIL

Freshly signed lease, boxes, moving trucks, and coffee, its moving day!




All went well, my family and I were able to move all of our stuff into my girlfriend and I's new apartment without breaking anything. After moving everything in my girlfriend left to go get some groceries while I slowly started to unpack. It should have been that simple but I decided that I didn't like the color of an old hutch my mom gifted to us. It was black and it had never really been my color of choice for furniture, so I started rummaging through our boxes and behold... I found two bottles of white spray paint. We were planning on getting rid of the hutch once we found a different one we liked better so this white spray paint was the quick fix that I needed.


I thought I had taken all of the precautions that I needed, and by this, I mean that I cut open trash bags and taped them to the floor and wall so that I wouldn't get any paint on the walls. I felt as though I prepared properly and started spray painting away. I was about halfway through the second bottle when my landlord came knocking on the window asking if we had a chemical spill because they could smell it from their part of the house. After I played it off as well as I could and he left I put the spray paint down and felt the high that was buzzing in my head. Yes folks, I forgot you should not spray paint indoors because if you ingest it, it can go to your brain and you might just get high.


I decided that the only solution was to install three air conditioners backwards so that it was blowing the spray paint ridden air out. And just so you get to recognize another reason as to why this was even more so ridiculous, it was November. As I am running around the house trying to get the air clean my phone starts ringing and it's my girlfriend. She informs me that she is on her way home and that her aunt, cousin, and uncle (whom I had only previously met once at the time) were on their way with house warming gifts. If I wasn't panicking before I definitely was now. I was high off of the fumes, the house reeked of chemicals, air conditioners were installed backward, and I didn't even have anything to show for because the hutch wasn't finished and looked HORRIBLE! I tried to clean up the mess I had made a bit and then spent the next 20 minutes sitting in our doorway that leads to outside wafting the door back and forth in the last effort to fix the problem I created.



All ended up going okay, they got there and laughed at the situation and we got some amazing housewarming gifts. And just in case you wanted to know I finished the hutch OUTSIDE that following weekend.

Do you have any funny adulting fails?

Comments

  1. I enjoyed our blog about 'adulting' ... very refreshing. Best of luck to you in your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally sounds like my husband and I when we first moved in 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so funny! I like your post. My husband and I are adulting every week. We found something new to do in our home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, it's always crazy when things like this happen. Adulting never gets any less crazy. There's always something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts